CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

In just a few short hours, it will be Thanksgiving day. It is hard to believe that the holidays are already here! This will be Hannah's first Thanksgiving. We should always be thankful to God for all our blessings, however Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and to be extra thankful! I am thankful that God is in control of my life, that He created me, sent His only Son to die for me and I am His child! I am also thankful for Josh. God has blessed me with such a great leader for our family. With God as the focus of our marriage, we have a great life together. No, it is not perfect but we are happy. I am also thankful for Hannah. She is such a sweet baby! She smiles at me and it melts my heart. I am thankful that she was born healthy. I was feeding her before she went to bed tonight and I thought I am so thankful that we live in America. We have food, clothing, & shelter. I thought about all of the moms who have to watch their babies suffer from hunger and I can't imagine their pain! I am thankful that I do not have to worry about those things and I pray for those who do. There are many more things that I am thankful for and do not have the time to list them, but I will add that I am thankful for all of my family and friends. Everyone of you have been a great support & encouragement to me. I love you all and thank God for you. Thanksgiving Day usually brings out the emotional side of me, but I think it is good for me to think about all of the blessings God has given me. It puts me on the right track and makes me a better Christian!
I am excited about tomorrow. After I feed Hannah her breakfast, I am going to make a mad dash to the store to get a newspaper. I will have to map out my shopping plan for Friday (I am so excited!!!) while I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Then, we are going to my PaPaw & MaMaw Shadix's house to eat lunch, then we will go to David & Susan's (Josh's parents) for dinner. I am looking forward to having a great day! I hope you have one too - Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Granna said...

And we are thankful for you!
Susan