CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

This and That!

This week I have decided that it was time to get serious about loosing some of this baby weight! Everyone says you just had the baby but I think 17 months is too long to say that! LOL! Anyway, I have decided to write down what I eat every day. That helps because it is a little embarrassing to actually read what I have eaten - 10 Hershey kisses for breakfast sounds good at the time but sounds bad later. I have also been trying to exercise everyday. This has been a challenge for me. I have been doing Pilates. I like it a lot. The DVD I have has five 10 minute workouts. That works for me because some days I only have 10 minutes to spare! If I have a little more time I can do 2 or 3 of them. Anyway, I am seeing some results.

Hannah's new saying is "I want to watch Barney." She will repeat this until you put a DVD in for her to watch. As a matter of fact, as I type she is holding the cover to her Barney video saying "I want Barney!" Now she is quietly sitting in the recliner watching Barney. She needs some new Barney DVDs. So, I guess the Easter Bunny can bring a few videos. She also likes Curious George. She calls him "Gurge." It comes on at 5:00 pm and that is wonderful because she will sit in her highchair and watch it while I start dinner. THANK YOU PBS!! She only knows the characters on PBS because we are still in the dark ages and do not have cable. I don't complain. I watch enough television as it is and I don't have an extra bill every month.

Well I better get off the computer and get busy. Our retreat is this weekend and I have lots to do to prepare for it. They are saying it may snow 1-4 inches on Saturday. We may be snowed in at the camp, which I think would be fun. (for a little while anyway!) Maybe it won't be too bad! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Good for you...I should try the writing everything down too. I tried to start exercising this week, then Marley got sick, so, I'll have to suffer through the pain again later!! :(

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well it is good when you get something that they like to watch on TV. You can get more thing's done when you need to. She is a little sweetheart. I am trying to lose weight also,I have already lost six pound's. Ten more when be nice for me. Well have a good one.