CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Monday, January 7, 2008

The year 2008 is off to a great start! Emily and Clay spent the night with us on Friday night. They are funny kids. I introduced them to the game "Pass the Pigs." They loved it! They also keep Hannah very entertained so I got some house work done. It was wonderful to get a little bit done without her sweet little hands pulling on my leg or pulling out the things I had just put away. The only problem was that Hannah didn't want to sleep. I am guessing she was just excited that they were here, but she would not sleep. Finally around 3:00 she couldn't take it anymore and gave up the fight. She wouldn't take a nap on Saturday either. Amy picked up Emily around 11:00 and Clay stayed until 3:00 or so. As soon as he left, she passed out! I let her sleep a little bit but had to wake her up. Saturday was a lazy day for me. We played many games of pass the pig. After Clay left and Hannah took a nap, I cleaned up a little more and watched Grey's Anatomy.

My best friend in this world, Brandi came by to see us. By the time she got here Hannah and Josh were in bed. She is pregnant and I finally got to see what Brandi looks like with a belly! She is adorable. She also had her ultrasound pictures. It was a little fuzzy but I can tell that he will be precious! :) By the way, it is a boy! Now I can start to look for boy stuff. That will be fun.

Sunday after church we lazed around the house and did nothing. I had lots to do but figured it could wait. After Sunday night services, we had a meeting to plan for our church retreat that is coming up in 2 weeks. This is the third annual retreat and promises to be as much fun as the last 2 years!

The next few weeks are going to be very busy. Lads to Leaders Convention is coming up in a few months and a lot of preparation goes into it the last weeks before we go. I hope the kids are ready to scrapbook like maniacs because we have a lot to do! By the way, I need to know your opinion. The convention is held at the Opryland Hotel. It is always extremely crowded, jam-packed with activities, and lots of walking. I know Hannah will not want to ride in her stroller as much as I will want her to. So, I was thinking that I could get a baby harness. It sounds so bad but for this setting ONLY I was thinking that it would be a good thing. Josh says he doesn't like it because it reminds him of an animal. He always hated to see children in the stores with one on. We probably won't do it but I was just curious what everyone thinks about it. I think it is a funny subject and would like to hear your thoughts. I am sure that everyone has a different opinion on it. Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think it is a good idea in this setting because it is so crowded that she will be happy to run free and you will have to knock people down to get to her!

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

I think you should do a little of both: the stroller and the harness. But you know what's best for her. I'll support you no matter what your decision is; you know that. I'll even help chase her if you choose not to use the harness!

Leah said...

I used to think like Josh...until I had children and tried to wrangle them while shopping! I don't think it's a bad idea. I agree with mandi, do a little of both. It'll give her some freedom, and you peace of mind that she won't be able to run away. Mommies have to do what Mommies hav to do!