CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Beach

My cousin, Josh got married this weekend in Gulf Shores. We had the privilege of going to the wedding and staying a few days! My mom & dad rented a house that was across the street from the beach and we all stayed in the same house. We had a lot of fun! We left Thursday late afternoon around 4:00 and got to the house around 10:30. I know that was a long trip but we got in Birmingham traffic. Plus, a baby has to make a few more stops than normal. My niece, Emily rode with us too. After we got to the house we unloaded our stuff and walked to the beach. We caught crabs and dodged jelly fish. We didn't stay too long ~ it was way past Hannah's bedtime. Josh, Kyle (my brother), & my dad went on a 6 hour fishing trip the next day. When all the girls got up it was coming a huge storm. It was raining very hard, lightning, thunder, & lots of wind. So we were just left to pray that our husbands weren't getting caught in the storm but apparently they were. A water spout hit their boat and Kyle was almost thrown overboard twice! They were all sore from trying to hold themselves onto the boat. Josh got sick a while and they were drenched! They loved it though and caught a lot of fish. The girls had planned on spending the day at the beach but it was so stormy and rainy that we weren't able to. So, what is the next best thing to the beach? That is right ~ shopping! We did some souvenir shopping ~ I am a nerd and LOVE souvenir shops! After we left there, we ate at Cracker Barrel and then went to the Tanger Outlet Mall. I got some great deals at Aeropostle. We shopped for a while there, went to Target, and then went back to the condo to meet up with the boys. They were ready to eat as soon as we walked in the door, so we went to Lambert's (Home of the thrown rolls). After we ate, there was still a little daylight left so we went to the beach. Hannah LOVED the water! She was not scared at all. She would have ran right in it by herself if I would have let her. Since it was dark the night before, this is her first look at the ocean. She was so excited!



She would sit in the sand and let the water hit her from all sides. I thought she would have bruises on her arms I was holding her so tight! This is Emily holding her while she is happily anticipating another wave!



You can see how excited she was for the waves to hit her!



We played a while at the beach and then we went back to the condo to take showers. Hannah had pockets full of sand! We decided to stay at the condo and play games the rest of the night. Jan & I decided to make a run for some ice cream. We were on the way back and I am driving along when I see blue lights in the other lane and a policeman swerve around and pull up right behind me! OH GREAT! So I pull over and was given a warning for doing 50 in a 35! Whew! That was close! We get back to the condo and Josh is laughing at me. Saying he usually doesn't speed with cops around, blah, blah, blah. About an hour later, he leaves to go fishing and low & behold, guess who gets pulled over by the same cop?! Yep, he pulled him over for running a red light. Josh says it was yellow. The cop thought it was me again but was surprised to see Josh in the driver's seat. He gave him a warning too. It was funny! The next day we got up and went to the beach. Kyle & Josh fished & we played along the shore. The water was really rough! Josh caught a sting ray & people were lined up along the beach watching him reel it in. We went to eat hot dogs and birthday cake for Clay & Emily's birthday.



"The Great White Fisherman!"



Hannah running right toward the water!



Amy (my sister) & Hannah

After lunch and cake, we went to decorate for the reception. Then it was time for the wedding! I have never been to a beach wedding but it was gorgeous. Although, very windy! Lindsay was a beautiful bride! Everything went great. At the reception, Hannah was the life of the party. She danced and danced. She had so much fun! Unfortunately there was no bird seed, only bubbles. Josh, Kyle, & Adam did get him and poured bubbles all over him. I guess we got revenge from our wedding :0)



The love of my life! (Both of them)



The wedding!



Our family!



Bradley, Emily, Clay, & Hannah

Sunday we went to church. Then we ate at Sea ~n~ Suds. Hannah started feeling bad. (She is still sick) Mom stayed with Hannah and let me go to the beach. We spent another hour at the beach. Then I stayed with Hannah and everyone else went to church. Josh brought food home. We ate then he went fishing (do you see a trend with Josh? :0) He really likes to fish & did every night until 1 & 2 in the morning.) Monday we got up and loaded everything in the car. Josh, Hannah, Emily, & I went to the zoo then headed home. We got home around 6:00 yesterday. I will post the zoo pictures a little later. It takes too long to load them on here. I am taking Hannah to the doctor in a little while. I think she may have an ear infection. It may just be a cold but I want to make sure. Since she has run fever since Sunday & has the same symptoms as the last time she had an ear infection! Anyway, Josh & Lindsay are married and we had a great time. I can't wait to go back in July with the Courington family!

9 comments:

Chad said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Seeing those pictures makes me want to go to the beach so badly.

Crystal said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip. The pictures of Hannah by the water are so cute.

Paul said...

That's funny about the cop pulling you both over.

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Love the pictures! I bet Hannah was adorable at the beach-and daring, too! I am glad you guys had a good time! We missed ya'll!

Jason Mullenix said...

Well it seems like you guys had a blast. Tell Josh that he will never live down being pulled over since he made such a big deal about you. Sounds like some driving school is needed! :) Glad you guys made it back home safely.

Brandi said...

haha...the cop thing made me laugh! you should have known they are bad down there after being in the car with me!! i'm just glad it was ya two this time. i agree with chad i want to go to the beach so bad! august seems like forever away...but will be here soon enough i'm sure. i think my child is taking after me :( he doesn't like to show up early!! jason said he was going to break him of that though..haha. hope to bring you news in the next couple of days.

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures of Hannah on the beach! I know you guys weren't gone long, but I'm glad you're back!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast even though it was rainy and stormy. Love the pictures. That is funny about the cops pulling you both over.