CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I just wanted to tell everyone THANK YOU for all the kind words and prayers you have made for us. We are slowly getting back to "normal" if we ever can be. It has been one week since we found out our baby was no longer with us and it has been a roller coaster of emotions. I know we will continue to have our ups and downs but we have great family & friends by our side. We are going to be okay. Unfortunately grief is not something you just wake up one day and not experience. It is a process that through time gets easier but never really goes away. I will ALWAYS miss my baby. I will always wonder the gender. I say boy because that was my gut feeling (and I was right with Hannah). I will always wonder how much he would have looked like Hannah. I will always wonder if he would have been my calm baby as Hannah is our "wild child." (She is not really out of control just a tad on the hyper side) I will always wonder all those questions that you wait to see about your baby.

I owe a BIG thanks to my sweet husband. He has been everything to me for the past week. He was before all of this but he has helped me in more ways than I thought. He has taken care of me and Hannah. I can't even express how much I love this man. I don't think there are words for that kind of love. Even in his grief, he has made sure that I was okay first. Not many men still exist like him and I thank God that He answered my prayers and gave me the Christian man of my dreams.

Hannah has been confused. She knows that something isn't right but she doesn't understand. She will rub my stomach and ask about the baby. This is heartbreaking to me but I just tell her that he went to be with God. I think she thinks I am crazy. The other night I was crying and she crawled in my lap, wiped my tears, and said "It okay mommy." She said it with such empathy you could see it in her little blue eyes. That girl is going to change the world with her big heart. She loves to help & is a great comforter.

We received an angel for our Christmas tree from Brian & Tina. It was such a thoughtful gift. I LOVED it. I had already thought I would try to find something that represented the baby for our tree. This was perfect.

I am sorry I am probably depressing all of you. I think Susan was right - blogging is good therapy. I probably couldn't choke all of this out if I were to say it out loud so it is good to be able to type it. You need to visit Kristy's blog and read her post today. It is about rainbows and the promises God has given us. It just reminded me that God hasn't always promised rainbows on this earth but we just need to wait for the "big" rainbow. The one promise that we will be in Heaven if we obey His commandments. So today I am a little happier knowing that I have a wonderful life and the grief I feel will get better. Plus I have been reading message boards from people that have suffered miscarriages. I will tell you after reading some of their stories I feel pretty lucky. I have had a healthy pregnancy and had zero problems. Hannah has been healthy and is growing up. My marriage is GREAT! Right now there is no reason to think I couldn't get pregnant again & have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Life really is good. I just need to focus on the rainbows and not the storms.

If you are still there - thanks for listening!

13 comments:

lmbolus said...

I am here...praying for y'all..and sending hugs! Love, Cousin Lisa

Paul said...

We love you, Katie, Josh, and Hannah.

Emily said...

You are so strong and positive through all of this! You are an encouragement! You're right you have a GREAT life all thanks to God and you following his commands! We love you, Katie!

Crystal said...

Wow! Your words are so touching, so sincere. I don't think it's depressing at all. Reading this post uplifted me and you are all still in prayers.

Granna said...

You have so many people supporting you, but we all know that this is such a personal loss that there are no words to make it "better". Just know that we feel and share this loss and these tiny footprints have been engraved in our hearts forever. It is like a dream lost, memories never made, hopes slashed. I am thankful that we have faith- without it times like this would be even harder.

Anonymous said...

Your post was not depressing at all. It was very uplifting and definitely an encouragement to me. You all will continue to be in my prayers.

christy said...

I promise that it does get better and you will never forget. You will think of the baby often, but you will know he is better in the arms of God. He is up there playing with my baby, I also think he was a boy. And Look at me I had two beautiful babies after losing my first. I was pregnany with ME 6 months after. I found out I was pregnant arund the time that my first baby was due. Good luck and we love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Katie,

I wish that I had the words to make the hurt in your heart go away, but sadly I don't.

This kind of hurt never disappears but it does get softer with the passing of time. I experienced my loss over 30 years ago and yet I still shed tears at unexpected moments in my life, when the thought of her crosses my mind.

You are his mother and I'm sure that you feel the same emptiness inside that I felt. The same longing for those anticipated moments that you wanted to share with him. God knows your pain and He will provide for you a balm that will help to heal your heart.

Your little angel makes heavens glow even brighter on the horizon. And because of that, he will help to increase your desire to get to that heavenly home. You have a strong faith, it is built on a firm foundation and you know that one day you will be reunited with your son.

Even though you may feel alone at times, please know that we are here, we are praying, and our GOD, He is listening. Cast your cares upon Him and He will give you the rest and comfort that your soul desires.

My love to you all!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

You are a strong and very positive christian woman and an inspiration to me everytime I read your blog. I know that you will get thru this and you will someday have another healthy baby. Blogging does help. We love you and are keeping ya'll in our prayers.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Kent and I love you and yours so much you have a cute and sweet little girl. I can not help but laugh at her. I know it has to be hard on you and yours I can not imagine the loss of a little one. But you will make it through it all with Gods help and all the prayers that have gone up for you all. The three of you are very special to us. I hope and pray that things will get better for you just keep the faith and remmeber God is around for you and yours. Well take care and May God Bless you.

Kim said...

I must admit this post made me tear up. I hate this sweet baby is gone, but what a blessing you have with little Hannah and Josh there to comfort you. I love you Katie.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I admire you. You have such a positive attitude and you are staying focused on the Lord and that is the most important. I teared up reading this but it's almost a happy tear. I know that precious angel is with the Lord now and I know that this comforts you all. Please know you are an encouragement to me, more than you know. Please take care and I love you

Leah said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, we have been in your shoes many times and understand your feelings. I pray you will heal physically and emotionally and that you will be blessed again if you so choose.