The last couple of days have been so wonderful! Sunday afternoon we met to work on the group scrapbook. We stayed all afternoon and got so much accomplished. We only had 6 people originally working on it (a few more showed up and worked about an hour or so). We got 70 pages done. We are seeing the end in sight. I am so proud of our youth group. They are great kids and a joy to be around. Plus they don't make me feel to old to hang out with them :0)
Monday I called my doctor because I had another spot of the staph infection pop up on my leg. So they fit me in that afternoon. Dr. Woods gave me another antibiotic to take for 10 days and an ointment to put on it. Hopefully this will knock all of it out of my system. It still makes me nervous about taking the medicine but I still don't have a choice.
Hannah went with me to the doctor. She was very interested in everything they did. She just stared the lady down that pricked my finger. When we got back to the waiting room, she said "let me see your finger." I showed her. She said "Awww it's okay. That was not nice!" She thought they were hurting me on purpose. I tried to explain but I don't think she really got it. She was an angel and sat so still while the nurse tried to find the heartbeat of the baby. It took her forever to find it and when she did it was so faint it was almost hard to hear. She couldn't get an exact number on how fast it was beating but she said somewhere between 150-160. This nurse was wonderful she tried for 5 minutes to find it and I am so glad she did. I thought I remembered that we didn't hear Hannah's until my 14 week visit and after looking at my scrapbook, I was right. They couldn't find it on the 11 week. So that made me feel great!!
Yesterday my mom took off work since my niece and nephews were out of school and we went to visit my grandparents in Decatur. We stopped in Cullman on the way and ate at Cracker Barrell. Then we visited with them for a while. We all went to the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge. It was a lot of fun. We saw geese, ducks, turtles, and even a beaver swimming. Then we went back to the little museum they have with stuffed animals. They had a table that had different things you could touch like a deer antler, pine cones, bird feathers, etc. Hannah marches over to the table and picks up a fox tail. When she picked it up she had a look of terror on her face and threw it on the table. She screamed "WHAT IS THAT?" It was hysterical and maybe you had to be there to really appreciate the look on her face!
After we left there, we went back to my grandparents house for dinner. Then we came home. It was a GREAT day and I am glad that mom suggested that we go.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
Looks like you all had a fun day together! I'm sorry I was not there Sunday to help. Maybe we can get it done this week!?! I'm hoping!
Sounds like yall did have a great time. Hope you can finally get rid of that infection and stop taking those meds. I know that concerns you. Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great!
Post a Comment