To catch you up on my life, I will blog by bullets.
* Friday (the 8th) was my mom's birthday. My brothers, sister, and their families came over to eat dinner. We had spaghetti and a chocolate cake from Edgar's bakery (YUMMY!). We all had a fun time together. Although we missed Kyle (he had to work). I hope my mom had a great birthday. She deserves the best!
* Saturday Hannah & I went to Clay's ballgame. He did GREAT! That child has been athletic since he was a little thing. We knew he was destined to play sports. After his game, we went with mom & dad to visit Ginger (my sister-in-law who had a car accident ~ she lives in a nursing home).
* We bought Hannah a swing set and it took Josh 3 days to put it together. It is a wooden one with swings, fort, slide, etc. This is her birthday present but she got it early so she will have time to enjoy it this summer.
* Sunday was Mother's Day. I got a beautiful plant but am still trying to decide where I want to plant it. It actually stays in a pot but needs the perfect place. We ate lunch at Paul & Kim's after church. I ended up loosing track of time (and Hannah needed a nap) so I didn't make it to see my mom. (I know, I know) I did call her and remember I made her a birthday dinner. :)
* Tuesday was Clay's (my nephew) 6th birthday! SIX ~ REALLY??!! We went to my mom & dad's house for cake and dinner. Enjoy the pics below.
* Yesterday we had the Lads to Leaders kickoff after morning services. I am really excited about this year and can't wait to get started!
We have been a little bit of here, there, and everywhere in between all of these things. I have been busy planning the graduation banquet, working on VBS stuff, and thinking about our living arrangement. We are going to have to do some major rearranging for the baby. I have decided to move Hannah to the bigger room. It needs to be painted and new furniture. We are working on it but I want her to be in there several months before the baby gets here. I don't want her to think the baby is taking her room (because she won't understand that she has a bigger room).
Hannah is doing great going to the potty. We are almost completely trained! She still has a few accidents but has been wearing only panties during the day!! YAY!!!
The baby is kicking a little stronger. He/she is a little lazy during the day. I only feel a few kicks in the day but I feel him/her a lot when I first lay down at night. I am now 19 weeks and have been terrible about taking pics. I finally remembered last night so here I am at 19 weeks...
The most exciting news is that I saved $80.60 in coupons today at Publix!! GO ME!! The four best deals I got today were 1) a pack of Huggies diapers (66 count) and wipes (60) for $4.36, 2) a four pack of Fiber One yogurt for $.25, 3) four boxes of Ritz crackers and a box of Wheat Thins for $3.75, & 4) they paid me $.25 for a Bic lighter (one that lights a grill)! I am loving all of this coupon stuff and hope I can continue to find time to look for and clip them. Thank you to Frugal Coupon Living and Chicks With Cents! I have found a few deals on my own but I rely on these two websites for most of the deals(and coupons) & to get my mind going! It does take effort but it is worth saving $80! A little tip for all you moms ~ I get all of my coupons gathered up and then cut them when Hannah is in the bathtub. What else am I going to do while I sit there and watch her splash around? She loves the water time and I don't feel like I am wasting mine! Anyway, sorry this is so long. That is what happens when you don't blog for a week!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
Saving money with coupons is like having a job. Way back when we were young and poor (now we are old and poor) and I was home with 3 little kids, I always got pleasure from saving money with my coupons. This was before the Internet was available, so I depended on the newspaper, magazines, and circulars. It does become addictive. I still saved almost $8.00 last week with just casual clippings. You are a good wife and mommy!
Sounds like you have been super busy. I can't believe Clay is already six either. I keep forgetting him and HP are the same age. You look great to be at 19 weeks girl! Don't forget to keep adding those pics!
You look great. I can't wait to hear if baby is a boy or girl. :)
Post a Comment