CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Official...

Our baby has a name. Her name is Jaiden Ashley. There are several reasons for picking this name. First of all, I don't know one single person named Jaiden. The second reason is that it means "God has heard" & "Thankful." I love both of these meanings, especially after loosing our angel in November. I know God answered my prayer when He sent Hannah to us and we are thankful for her but after experiencing the miscarriage we are so much more aware of how thankful we are for this baby. I think I took my healthy pregnancy and Hannah's good health for granted a little bit. I think it is easy to do when you haven't really thought about (or had to think about) what it would feel like if that was taken away from you. God has been with us every step of the way and continues to bless us daily! We are beyond thankful for Hannah & Jaiden!!

I am not sure what Ashley means (I need to look it up) but this was my cousin's name. She died when we were little girls. She was the sweetest, kindest soul. I consider myself privileged to have know her during her short life!

Now that she has a name I am REALLY excited about getting to meet Jaiden face to face. I cannot wait for October!! I have so much to do before then and I know it will pass by fast. We ordered furniture for Hannah's room in May and it STILL has not come in. I am getting frustrated and hope it will be delivered within the next week or so. They are waiting on the mirror I ordered before they will deliver. I need to go through Hannah's stuff and see what Jaiden is going to need. I wish I could be sorting through the stuff, washing, folding, putting away, deciding what needs to be kept and what doesn't but I can't do that until I get the new furniture. All of Hannah's clothes are in Jaiden's dresser. Plus I can't finish buying wall decorations for Hannah's room because I am not sure how the furniture is going to fit. Hopefully they will deliver in a week or so. I am ready for it all to be done!

On another note, our 4th of July was wonderful. I couldn't sleep that well so I cooked breakfast for Josh & Hannah. Then they worked on the boat while I cleaned a little. We went to David & Susan's for lunch, swimming, & laying around. Then we went downtown for the fireworks. Josh & Hannah got ice cream from the ice cream truck that was parked in the park (that man made a fortune that day). We sat on the bridge and watched the firework show. Hannah was asleep before we left the parking lot. She was exhausted, we all were! What a great way to celebrate our nation! God has blessed America, I just hope we remember to thank Him and pray that He continues to bless our nation!!




8 comments:

Teale said...

What a beautiful name! I love names you just don't hear every day. I know you will be so happy to have her in your arms! :)

SarahBeth Pate said...

I'm so happy for you! Hope your furniture comes in soon :)

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I think that is a beautiful name.

Anonymous said...

I love her name! I can't wait to meet her! Love you all, Mandi

Chad said...

I love the name! :)

Crystal said...

Such a beautiful name. I'm s glad things are continuing to go well for you during this pregnancy. The picture of you and Hannah is so good. :)

christy said...

I love the name. It is beautiful and I am sure she will be more beautiful than her name, just as Hannah is. Josh better go ahead and start gettint the shot gun ready, he's going to need it to get rid of all the boys that come around. I am glad everything is going well and I also hope you get the furniture soon. Let me know if you need any help getting things ready. I will be happy to help you.

Kim said...

Sweet Name! I hope you feel great and everything goes smooth these next few months. <3