CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

It has been almost a month since I blogged last & it may take two posts to catch up. Hannah was in my friend Lauren's wedding on 11/14. I was a little nervous that she would put on a show, scream, or do something that would mess the wedding up but she was an angel! She looked beautiful and walked down the aisle with no problems. She got a little squirmy and went to sit with Josh for most of the wedding. This is the only picture I got of Lauren & Hannah together. Hannah was getting tired and wouldn't look at the camera but isn't Lauren beautiful...


The day before Thanksgiving Hannah & Jaiden both had check-ups. Hannah had her 3 year and thankfully was caught up on her vaccinations. We got to the examination room and the nurse told me to strip them both down to diaper/panties and bring them out to weigh. Hannah didn't want to take her clothes off and kept saying "mommy this is so embarrassing!" I didn't even know that she knew what embarrassment was! She finally got over it (and then didn't want to put her clothes back on, of course). She weighed 32.6 pounds which put her in the 75th % of weight and measured 39 1/4 inches long, which put her in the 90th % of height. Dr. Walley said she looked perfect. She talked the whole time we were in the office. Jaiden weighed 9 lbs, 4 oz which put her in the 50th % of weight and measured 22 1/4 inches long which put her in the 90th % of height. They are both growing which always makes me thankful for healthy children! You can look at Jaiden and tell how much she has grown. She will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and I just can't believe in one week she will be 2 months old! It's cliche, but where does the time go?

Jaiden smiles all the time but I can't get a picture of it. The flash on my camera distracts her every time. She has also stared "talking." She will "ooh" & "ah" at whoever is talking to her. I love it when she does it and could just eat her up! She also is getting better at focusing on objects and following them with her eyes. She loves watching Hannah & will break her neck trying to see what she is doing. Hannah still loves Jaiden so much. She likes to talk to her and gives her lots of kisses! It is cute as long as Hannah keeps some distance!

Jaiden has been staying up until 1:00am or later. She loved being up at night and laying on a blanket. However the last 3 nights I have laid her in her bed around 10:30 pm and she just laid in there looking around until she fell asleep. She has gone to sleep by herself without crying and slept until 6:00 am each night! I can handle sleeping from 11:00 to 6:00 every night. I hope she keeps it up but I don't like not rocking her to sleep. She likes to cuddle during the day so I guess I can handle it as long as she is not upset! She loves to be in her swing and watches the little birds & butterflies on the mobile. She also naps in the swing. She likes to be in motion. She kicks her legs and moves her arms all the time. The more you talk to her the faster she kicks. She doesn't like to lay on your arm when you hold her. She wants to be on your shoulder or sitting up on your lap so she can see what is going on. She is drinking 4 ounces of milk every 2-3 hours. Her hair sticks straight up in the air but it is too cute! I think she is a beautiful baby but I may be a little partial! :0) You can see for yourself...

Sweet, beautiful baby!


This is what Jaiden looks like when she is trying to watch Hannah!


The two sweetest girls in this world


Caught a little smile from Jaiden


Kisses!



Being silly & looking just like her daddy!


Every time she wears yellow or green, Hannah asks why I am dressing her like a boy.


The back of the hair, straight up in the air!

On Thanksgiving Hannah woke up saying her ear hurt. She ran a fever and got sick. We couldn't get her into the after hours clinic that day. I ended up going to my grandparents with Jaiden then Josh went to his parents when I got home. Our Thanksgiving wasn't celebrated like it usually is but we still have a lot to be thankful for. Friday I told Josh to go hunting and I stayed home from Black Friday shopping. I went out when the girls got up. We went to CVS & Walmart. I am glad I didn't miss the sleep to go at 5:00 am because I got everything I wanted that was on sale! Hannah still didn't feel good and I ended up taking her to the doctor on Sunday. She had an ear infection. Since she wasn't contagious I took her to the 6th grade & under Christmas party at church. She loved it and I am glad she didn't miss it. I forgot my camera and didn't get one picture.

Monday we took Hannah & Jaiden to see Santa and then went to Marvin's to get our Christmas tree. We finally have the tree up and decorated. Now the Christmas season has officially begun! I even wrapped a few presents today and am almost done with my shopping. Santa has sent word to me that he is done with Hannah & Jaiden's Christmas. He only has a few stocking stuffers for the elves to make and then he will be ready to come to our house! I am getting so excited and love everything about the Christmas season! I hope you all are having as much fun as I am!





1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for catching us up :) You have been such a busy Momma! The kids look great and are growing up too fast. So glad you are all doing o.k.