CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Hannah!



Hannah is one year old today! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday that I was as big as a cow waiting on her to get here. Now she is walking, cutting teeth, and saying Mama, DaDa, & Bye. Wow! What a difference a year makes!

Since I did not have a blog last year, I will fill you in on how the day went. I got up and decided that I was tired of being pregnant and was going to "walk" until I went into labor. I also needed to get some things that we would need when we got home from the hospital. So I went to Dollar Tree, Big Lots, and Walmart. I walked around for a good 3 hours. Big as a house, feet swollen, and hot as could be, but I was determined. After I left Walmart, I started having random contractions. I came home, ate lunch, and went to my doctor's appointment.

My doctor told me that I had not made much progress. She told me to go home, take it easy, and if nothing happened by the next week, she would induce me. I was still having random contractions.

Anyhoo, I was disappointed because I was really hoping that she would keep me. So I call everyone and tell them it is going to be a while. Then went home to watch Dr. Phil. My contractions were starting to hurt a little and they were coming more often. I laid on the couch to watch Dr. Phil and decided maybe I should time the contractions. However, I kept loosing track of when I had the last one. As I was about to get up to get some paper to write it down, my water broke. I called Josh, the doctor, and my mom. I put all of the stuff in the car and waited on Josh to get home to get me.

After waiting on the doctor for 20 minutes, he finally came in and said "yes your water broke." DUH!! I could have told you that. Anyway, he admitted me and the rest is history. Sweet little Hannah was born into this world at 10:27 pm, weighing 8 lbs, 4 oz, and was 21 inches long. The moment they put that crying angel on my chest, my life changed forever. She has been such a joy to our lives. This has been a great year. I have enjoyed watching her grow and feel so blessed that I can stay at home with her. If I was working outside the home, I would have missed so much of her first year of life and no amount of money is worth the precious moments that we have together. So, Happy Birthday to my sweet Hannah bug! I hope you have many, many more happy years of life! I LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that she is a year old. Give her a great big hug and kiss and tell her we love her bunches!

Carla

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah!!! She's given all of us so much joy! She just brightens up the room when she enters it! I can't believe it's been a year!

Crystal said...

happy birthday, miss hannah!

i loved reading your post. you are so fortunate to be able to stay home and not have someone else raise her. i only hope that i can do that too, one day. i hope you 3 have a great day celebrating together.

Granna said...

My sweet baby girl- how Granna loves you! What a joy you are. When I get one of those good hugs, I just melt.

Emily said...

Happy birthday Hannah girl! She really does light up a room! She is a precious baby! Love you Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!!!

I hate we don't get to see you guys more often. We love all 3 of you.

Rachel said...

I'm a day late but better late than never. Happy Birthday Hannah! I hope you have many many more.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Happ Birthday Hannah late is better then never. I hope you had a great 1st birthday. Lot's of Hug's and Kisses from me to you. Love you Phyllis

Anonymous said...

happy birthday