CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008


The Bible bowl practice went well Friday night. I will have to say that the kids at our church are wonderful people and enjoyable to be around. Their parents are doing a GREAT job raising them! Hannah looks up to them already and they are great examples to her!

When we woke up Saturday morning there was snow on the ground. Now usually I am excited about snow but I am already in Spring mode. I am tired of cold weather! So I was not excited about the snow. Josh & I took the opportunity to study for Bible bowl. Then it was off to the church building to scrapbook. We scrapbooked all day! I got home around 6:00. (We are making progress and only have a few sections left and of course the cover.) When I got home I started cooking for the fellowship meal Sunday. The picture above is of Hannah right after her bath Saturday night. She is brushing her teeth. She loves to brush her teeth and wash her hands!

Our meeting started on Sunday. I didn't get to hear the Bible class because I teach the Cradle Roll class but Clark Sims did a GREAT job Sunday morning and night! I am excited about the rest of the week. After services, we all scarfed down our food and off to Bible bowl we went. Sylvan Springs did a GREAT job! Our team - Josh, Brian Maddox, and myself - missed 6 questions on the written test. It wasn't the best but I think we did a great job. We made it through one buzzer round, but Marty Glenn's finger was faster than ours in the second round. Oh well, at least we didn't embarrass ourselves! I liked doing Bible bowl again. It brought back a lot of memories - like winning 1st place in Nashville with Chad Yielding, Destry Pounds, and my brother, Kyle. That was a great time! I remember how excited we were. Josh said something about doing the Walker county adult Bible bowl. I think it would be fun - what do you think Sylvan Springers?

2 comments:

Chad said...

I still tell our teenagers about how good we were at Bible Bowl. If my memory serves correctly we didn't miss but like 6 questions in the oral competition and that was all 4 of us combined. Ahh the memories.

Paul said...

Ahem. Where is your tribute to the winners?