CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I need help...

How do I get Hannah to take her medicine? She HATES it. She spits it out, chokes,& screams! It is all very dramatic. :) HELP! Any ideas?

5 comments:

Daniel Courington said...

Most Pharmacies will flavor their medicine-- I'm not a big fan of flavored medicine but it can't hurt

Kristy said...

I was going to say the same thing about going to the pharmacy to see if they would add a flavor to it. Most of them will do it at no charge, especially if you buy the meds from them. If that doesn't work, sometimes it helps to put it straight into a small amount of juice and she'll drink it up without noticing the taste of the meds.

Good luck.

Leah said...

I have no great advice. Marley is terrible at taking medicine too and I physically have to hold her down, it's not pretty, but it has to be done. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. Is it any help that she is adorable?

Mandi said...

My Grandfather always said to lay them on their back and gently hold their nose as if you were going to wipe it with a Kleenex. When they open their mouth, use a syringe/dropper to put in their mouth. I was a terrible medicine taker, and it worked on me. He was a pharmacist and that's what he always told his clients. Good luck whatever you do!!