Playing Outside & Helping Schools
Even though the last couple of days have been cloudy and cool, we had a few days last week that were sunny! Hannah & I took advantage of the sunny weather. We went to the park one day and then played outside the other days. Hannah loves to be outside! She just runs and runs. I like it because it wears her out. Josh & I are going to plant a garden soon. I have never planted a garden so this will be a first for me. I can't wait. I am on a mission to find some play equipment for cheap at some yard sales this summer. I don't care if it is faded. The Little Tykes stuff holds up forever! If anyone has any that they are wanting to get rid of, let me know. Here are the pictures I took of Hannah playing:
I love to watch Hannah run! She flails her arms and is so carefree. Does anyone watch Friends? She reminds me of Phoebe running! :0)
She loves to pick flowers. In Bible class we smell the flowers and sing about how God made flowers. She will say "flier." (She has a southern accent - she comes by it honestly) Then she will smell them. Smart girl!
Hannah laid down on the cement. I thought this was funny. She will lay down anywhere - cement, grass, in the bathtub, even in the floor in Bed, Bath, & Beyond last week! (I made her get up fast but she still did it before Amy & I could stop her!)
Hannah is not scared of anything! She climbs and jumps off of anything she can. She climbed right up on the side of the swing. The other day she jumped off the recliner but luckily Josh caught her before she smashed her face on the ground. I am predicting many bruises & probably some trips to the ER for stitches in the future.
This picture is so cute to me because she looks like she is posing but she was probably thinking something mischevious! :0)
I took some our "Good Samaritans" to Bottenfield Middle School to volunteer for the Helping Schools on Saturday. Helping Schools is hosted by the local television station Fox 6. They go to several schools to clean up, plant flowers, etc. Our job was to pull up weeds around the bushes in the back of the school. Then we laid mulch over the area. Pam was pulling weeds and found one that wiggled! She pulled up a snake! I wanted to kill it but the other science teacher came over and rescued it. Even though we had only a small group show up, we had fun. A big THANK YOU for those who showed up. I know it was VERY early for a Saturday but I appreciate your willingness to serve! Here is a picture of the group that showed up to help:
Here is a picture of the snake!
One more thing - Happy belated Birthday to Uncle Billy! He turned 50 last week. Also, Happy Birthday to Cousin Alex! He turns 17 today! We love you!















4 comments:
I can tell this summer will be fun for Hannah playing outside. I love to go outside and listen to the birds churp. She is a sweet little girl.
I wanted to say Pam sure was brave to hold that snake I would have not touch the snake.
She is just soooo adorable. You look like she has your hands full all the time. You need to add more to her. You still have too much free time.. And to answer your comment about what I can do when Christopher starts preschool, NO more children, two are plenty for me I will probably just exercise more.
Hannah makes things interesting!
Post a Comment