We had a very busy weekend. Friday afternoon we met Kim, Levi, Lila, Jennifer, Ian, & Maddie at Chic-Fil-A. The kids played for about 3 hours. Friday night our young adult class had our Christmas party at Ben & Rachel's house. Jazz & Zac kept all of our kids for us. It was wonderful to have a night of uninterrupted conversation with adults! :0) I didn't have to fix anyone's plate and I didn't have to share anything on my plate. I think Jasmine & Zac survived & hopefully they weren't lying when they said the kids were good. LOL! By the time we picked Hannah up she was EXHAUSTED. She fell asleep about 2 minutes after she got in the car.
Saturday I spent the day watching movies with Hannah & wrapping the rest of my gifts. Then Saturday night we went to the church building for our congregation's Christmas party. We ate a lot and played dirty Santa. Hannah has now realized how fun it is to open gifts and she is very interested in the ones under our tree. She hasn't opened any but she keeps bringing them to me asking if she can open them. Hopefully all of them will stay wrapped for the next week and a half.
Sunday after morning worship services, we went with all the kids 6th grade & under to ride the Santa Special train ride at the Heart of Dixie railroad. We all had so much fun and the kids loved it. Hannah was fascinated by the train. Santa & Mrs. Claus made a special visit and handed out beanie baby bears (say that three times fast). Hannah was excited and nervous about Santa. She is not 100% sure that she likes him yet. As he was getting closer to her she got a little nervous. She even cried when they tried to hold her. After Xander got his picture made and was talking to him, she decided that he was okay and let them take her picture. She looked up at Santa and asked "What yous name?" He said "Santa Claus." She was so excited to see him. The train ride was a GREAT idea for our party. I think all the kids had a great time.
I love this picture. She sat looking out the window for a little while (as long as her little attention span lasted)
This is the look she had when Santa came on the train. She was so excited until he got a little closer to her.
I never got a good picture of Hannah looking forward at the camera. But at least she wasn't crying this year.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















7 comments:
Tell the Dora story!
That is so sweet! I know yall had a great time. I love the pictures and the fact that she asked Santa what his name was!
I love the new layout!!
I like the new look!
Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!
So sweet!! Hannah looks enthralled by Santa!
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment