CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Survivor Retreat '09 - Warning ~ Lots of pics

This weekend we had our 4th annual Survivor Retreat! We were supposed to go to ICYC Friday night until Saturday night. However with all of the talk of the bad storms (that didn't happen) we decided it would be best to have it at the church building. We had a BLAST!! The Bible Bowl book this year was Joshua. So everything we planned was based on the book of Joshua. We had a devotional Friday night. Then we played a game where one team member (representing Rahab) took two members (representing the two spies) and hid them in the church building. Then everyone had to find the two other teams in the dark. I forgot to mention that there were 3 teams - donkey (my family was on this team), oxen, & sheep. After this game everyone did their own thing. Most of the younger people went to the back of the building and sang for several hours. It sounded so great. Hannah finally passed out around 1:00 & slept the rest of the night. After I laid Hannah down, I attempted to find a good place to sleep but there aren't many places in the church building that are comfy to sleep. So I attempted the pew but it was hard. Then I attempted the floor. It wasn't that bad but everyone was in the auditorium. It was a little loud, so I ended up in one of the back classrooms by myself until the couch freed up. I hopped on the couch before anyone else had the chance. :0) Sorry to anyone who wanted to sleep there.

Saturday morning we ate breakfast. We had two devos and a Bible Class. We also had several challenges throughout the day - an auction, a scavengar hunt, a relay race (always the best part to me), a matching game, Second Verse (having to guess the right word of the second verse to church songs), & Bible Bowl.

Our team came in second place. The weekend was so much fun! Enjoy the pictures. I know there are a lot of them but I wanted to share everything!


Hannah & I (I am looking a little rough after not much sleep :0)



Hannah & Levi



Singing in the storm shelter


This is several people looking for the items in the scavenger hunt. I thought it was funny! (Emily & Alex are behind the plant)


Our team (team donkey) looking up the verses for the scavenger hunt (each item went with a bible verse in Joshua ~ an example, alarm clock went with the verse that said Joshua rose early)


Hannah & Maddie playing with their cups. The cups were part of the relay race. Everyone on your team had to fill a bucket from a tub of water using these cups but they used them to put rocks in them. They are so cute!


Hannah & Ian playing in the tub of water after everyone else moved on to the other events in the relay.


Josh cutting through the piece of wood in the relay.


Marty trying to get his worm through the straw ~ for all you animal rights activists no worms were hurt in this event! :0)


The worm Joseph shot through his straw. That was hilarious to me!



Mary, Jazz & Casey trying to find their colored bricks to build the memorial stones.


Josh building our team's "memorial"



Hannah & Maddie still playing in the water. Hannah was drenched from head to toe & freezing!



Sunday afternoon we stayed to work on the scrapbook. Then the girls practiced leading their songs. I took Hannah to the practice. I am going to let her lead a song at the Lads to Leaders convention next week. She sang "God Is So Good." She did a great job! She had her arm swinging! Excuse the "Jungle Book" book. It is what she had in her hand when I took her in there so that is what she used as her song book! ;)

3 comments:

Granna said...

Great update- we really need to clean that bookshelf in the classroom where Hannah is!

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was sooo much fun! I wish we would do something like that or come crash at yall! I am glad that you got on the couch finally, preggers needed the comfy spot the most!

David Courington said...

Thanks for all the great pics. I wish I could have been there for all of it. Katie, we love you and appreciate all the good you do.