Last week was our VBS. Everything went well. All of the kids behaved wonderfully and hopefully learned a lot too. Josh & I taught the story "Fishers of Men" from Luke 5. Ned made his return and the kids (and adults) loved him. Hannah thought he was hilarious. Enjoy the pictures from our week...
This is our classroom. Josh was Simon Peter and told the story.
Addi working hard to cut out her boat.
Hannah singing "The Wise Man"
Beautiful Blue Eyes
Lila singing & dancing
Ned
Levi going fishing
Ned on the last night. He had been to the dentist & invited the dentist to come to VBS.
The door to our classroom
Josh & I spent the weekend cleaning out rooms, painting Hannah's room, and sorting through what was junk and what needed to be kept. Our house is still in disarray but I am getting it back together one room at a time. Hannah's room is painted and she is enjoying it. We are just waiting on her new furniture to come in. I am hopeful it will come at the end of this week. Josh got the crib back up and the baby's room has all the furniture in it. So we are making progress.
This week has been bittersweet for me. We have been getting ready for this sweet baby girl but Monday would have been my due date for our sweet angel in Heaven. I miss that baby & would love to be coming home from the hospital with him. Then I feel guilty because in some ways I feel like I should just be thankful for this sweet baby. Of course I am thankful for our baby - both of them. I know God knows what is best so I just have to be happy that October should bring another child into our home & we will get to meet our other one in Heaven one day!
Speaking of baby girl, she still doesn't have a name. We have been so busy with the house that we haven't really sat down to talk about it. We have several names that we like but haven't officially named her. We will let you know when we do. She is also getting stronger and Josh was able to feel her kicking the other morning. I don't feel her much during the day but she is feisty at night. I hope she learns fast that nighttime is for sleeping! Hannah was laying her head on my stomach this morning and the baby kicked her in the head. I asked Hannah if she felt her kicking. She said "that was not nice!" I guess the fighting has already begun! :) Hannah was fine once I explained that she was just moving around and not really kicking her.
I sometimes forget what all of this must be like through her eyes. She got a balloon from Sonic the other night and yesterday she put it up to her belly and said "I have a pumpkin belly like you mommy!" So cute! I wonder what she will be thinking when October rolls around & my belly really will look like a giant pumpkin!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
Such a cute story about Hannah and baby! Just wait! :) It's wonderful, and EXHAUSTING all the same!
I know you are sad about your sweet angel in Heaven. I will continue to pray for you. I love you guys and it was great to see you at the meeting this week!
How blessed you are!
Post a Comment