Walking To Remember
On November 7th there will be a walk to raise money for the Alzheimer's of Central Alabama. It will be inside the Riverchase Galleria at 8:00 am. I am getting a team together to walk and raise money for this organization. The money will be used for families who are caring for Alzheimer's patients - they help pay for diapers etc for those caring at home & nursing home costs for those in a nursing home.
If you are interested in being on our team to walk please leave me a comment. There is not a registration fee but we all need to try to get our friends and families to donate for this organization. If you do not want to walk but want to donate please let me know. We will take all the donations we can get! Anything you can give would be great!
Last thing, I need a name for our team! Any suggestions would be great. Please don't make any jokes about it. I like a good joke but this is something serious to me. Both of our families have been affected by this disease. My great-grandmother & grandfather had it when they were living and Josh's grandfather is dealing with it now.
Think about it and let me know. You can leave a comment here or email my facebook. I am excited and hope you will consider walking and donating!















5 comments:
Sign me up!
Sounds great, I think I am speaking somewhere that day, but remind me and I will make a donation.
How about something like-
"Memory Lane Strollers"
Sign me up to walk unless you need me to babysit.
sign me up. Mary
Post a Comment