CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Everything has been great around our house! The first night was a little rough. Jaiden didn't want to sleep and would wake up about every 15-30 minutes. I finally just laid her on my chest and we slept for a little while. I am trying not to get into the habit of doing that but I will do what I have to do to get a little sleep. She has spent most of her days sleeping. She has a few hours of time where she is alert but most of the time if she is awake she is fussy. The last two nights she has cried for about 3 hours then slept for 5 hours. I can handle the 5 hours of sleep! She is really sweet and we fall in love with her more everyday!

Saturday Hannah went with Emily & Jared to the pumpkin patch. Josh went fishing with Casey so Jaiden & I went to Toys R' Us (there was a sale that Santa needed to get) and the new Target. We weren't gone for long but it was so nice to get out and about! I can't stand to stay in for too long. Then we all went to Ben & Rachel's house to eat dinner and carve pumpkins. We had a great time but didn't stay too long. Hannah & I were tired.

This morning we went to church. It was Jaiden's first time outside the womb to go to church. Of course everyone "oohed" and "aahed" over her. We went to eat with Ben & Rachel & Ryan & Jennifer. Then we went back to church tonight. So I am tired and need to go to bed.

This week has been so great. Jaiden really is a sweet baby and I am just trying to figure out her little cries and cues to know what she needs. It takes a few weeks to get it together. Hannah likes Jaiden being around. She has been a great big sister. She doesn't like her to sleep but she won't just wake her up. She usually asks if she can wake her up but when I tell her no she will go about her business. When we got in the car to leave for church tonight Jaiden was crying. Hannah said "I think she is sad because we don't have Pinocchio!" Hee-hee! I love that girl so much! I need to do a whole blog about the funny stuff she has said since Jaiden has been here. At dinner she prayed "Thank you for letting Jaiden come out of mommy's tummy." Even though I am running on little sleep and at times it is hard handling two kids (especially when one is screaming her head off), I am truly blessed! God has given me so much so I am trying to take it all in because I know she won't be this little for long! Anyway I am interested in seeing how this week goes! Hope yours is great!

Sleeping in her bed for the first time...



Hannah & Jaiden before church this morning (the only pic I took)...


Jaiden swinging for the first time (and Hannah dying to swing her higher!)...

2 comments:

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

She is just precious. I totally understand the letting her sleep on you thing because that is exactly what happened with Morgan our first night home! Anything for sleep and NO crying!! Hang in there because it will not last long. I just love all her hair.

Crystal said...

bless! She is such a gorgeous baby. Her Sunday outfit is so cute. I love it. Glad ya'll are doing well.