CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

New post, same story

Yes, I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday and STILL no progress. Jaiden must be really comfortable or she has heard us talking about trying to stay away from the swine flu and she is scared! Just kidding. I have been so paranoid this week. We have several people at church that have had the flu and Clay (my nephew) had a stomach bug. So everyone is afraid they will be sick and will not be able to come to the hospital. Luckily we haven't been exposed to the stomach bug and it seems that everyone is over that but the flu is still in question. Dr. Snowden said everyone has to be fever free for at least 48 hours before they can visit. I hope everyone gets well.

Even though nothing has changed, I am still measuring correctly, have good blood pressure, and her heart rate was 145. I had gained one pound. Dr. Snowden wants me to come back on Tuesday and depending on how things are looking she will more than likely admit me on Wednesday to be induced. Now I am not so sure that I want to be induced. I am a believer that the body knows what to do BUT I will be over due so I am not so sure. I have heard that inducing can lead to a long labor. I don't want to be in labor for hours on end when it seems (based on Hannah's birth) that once my body goes into labor it is a fast process. Of course, every birth is different but I am torn. I am praying that I won't have to make the decision and that she will come on her own this weekend. The day I had Hannah I went to the doctor with no progress for the week. Then I came home and my water broke. So I don't know what to do. I hate making decisions, especially ones like this!

So for now we are just waiting and waiting. Hannah told us yesterday that I was going to have Jaiden in two years! I told her there was no way that I was waiting two more years but I am sure to her it has felt that long. She loves to talk about how she is going to hold Jaiden and kiss her. However she told me this morning that she was going to swing her but I tried to explain that she would be too little. She also seems really excited about changing her diapers. I think that will get old fast.

In other news, it is not too late to walk the Alzheimer's Walk on Nov. 7th. If you want to join our team just let me know. If you are walking, please ask everyone you know for a donation (big or small). I have some envelopes if you want to mail to anyone who lives far away. I need to get busy and try to recruit some more people. Plus we still need a name for our team. Any suggestions? Think seriously about walking. It should be a fun day. Kids are welcome and if you participate in the "Good Samaritan" program for Lads to Leaders, this is a great way to earn some points. I am sure you will leave feeling good that you have helped many families who are struggling with this disease. If you don't want to walk, I will take your money!

Hopefully my next post will be about Jaiden's birth!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I sympathize with the decision making. Maybe she will decide to join the world before next Tuesday. Glad you're still feeling well though. :)

christy said...

I still say Wednesday is a great day and Mary would love to share her bday with Jaiden. I also know how you feel...Mary and Christopher did nothing until the day they were born. Hanging out and making me wait.

Kim said...

Good Luck Katie! I hope little bit will come on her own :)

Kim said...

I told you she is just waiting on my 48 hours to be up!! That will be at about 2 tomorrow afternoon so tell her Aunt Kim said she can come on now! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie. I know yall are getting excited. Can't wait to see that beautiful baby!