CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still hanging on...

After hours of agonizing over the decision to be induced (and second guessing myself and crying all the way home from the doctor's office), I have decided to wait it out a few more days! I still haven't made any progress but I am still hoping and saying lots of prayers that she will come on her own. I read a lot about inducing last night and since my body is apparently not even close to being ready, I was really nervous that trying to induce would send me into a VERY long labor. From what I read all of the techniques are not a guarantee that your body will respond and go into labor, which will ultimately mean a c-section. I realize that this isn't a guarantee but it is a very real possibility. Since I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future, I just decided that I would wait it out. I am praying she will come on her own. I will give her until 41 weeks. I go back to the doctor on Monday and they will do some testing to make sure all of her fluid levels are okay. If she hasn't come by then, I will be induced on Tuesday. Of course the ideal situation would be for her to come on her own but we shall see. She seems to be comfortable and a little stubborn. I don't really care as long as she is healthy! Hannah may be right when she says that she isn't coming for two more years! HA! Either way, next week at this time I will be able to look at her - she will either be a few hours or a few days old!

7 comments:

Granna said...

Good things come to those who wait! I wish I were a patient person- but I well remember being 21, 20 and 19 days late with my three. No way they would even allow that today. But true enough, when it was time, they came and came and came in a hurry. We are so excited, to say the least. Jaiden Courington, come on down!

Kim said...

I had Hailey at 41 weeks :)

She'll come right on time...her own time! lol

Anonymous said...

Katie you know if she comes on next Tuesday that will be the date I picked and if I remember right you really laughed at that date. I do hope she comes soon and I wish you all the luck in the world. I think you made the right decision. I can't wait to see the beautiful little jaiden. I love knowing there will be a little one in the family. I love you and your family and wish you all the luck in the world. Mary

Emily said...

My opinion means nothing, but I do agree with you. I think you made the right decision which must have been hard to do because I know you are ready, but the mommy in you is trying to do what is best. You are are an excellent mommy and your decision is just another way it shows! We are anticipating Jaiden's arrival with you! We can't wait to have another little buddy to play with! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy and good luck girl!

Teale said...

We are praying everything goes smoothly! I know you will be so glad to have her in your arms! :)

Unknown said...

Hoping for an update after your appointment today.