CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

4 Month Check-up

Hannah went for her 4 month check-up today. She weighed 15 pounds and 4 ounces and was 26 1/2 inches long. She is getting so big and growing out of her clothes fast! She will start to eat meats (if I can handle feeding them to her) and then some table foods soon. She had to get 4 shots today. All moms (and dads) know that this is very tough to watch. Hannah was laying on the table happy as could be because she only had on her diaper. Then she had to be given 4 shots in the leg. She cried and poked her bottom lip out with the first one but the last three she was screaming. It is so hard to see your baby in pain. I know it is better than if she got the disease she is being vaccinated for, but I wish they could figure out a better way to give it to them. She seems to be handling them well. Right now she is laying in her bed talking and I am sure she has her blanket over her face. That seems to be her favorite thing to do these days. When she gets quiet it scares me to death. Today was the last time that Hannah will get to see Dr. Edwards. He is retiring on 1/31 and I am so sad. Dr. Edwards was my pediatrician and I trust him so much. He said he was like an old pair of tennis shoes that people seem to be comfortable with but need to get rid of them. He has the best sense of humor and will put any parent to ease. Luckily his nurse, Melissa, will still be there and another doctor he has approved will take his place. I guess we want to be selfish and keep him around forever, but he has his own life to live. Hopefully, we will like the new doctor. If we do not, we will probably go with Dr. Smith. He was Josh's pediatrician and the Courington family seems to trust him as much as we do Dr. Edwards. Well Hannah is quiet now so I guess she has fallen asleep. I need to go move the blanket from over her face. By the way, it is a blanket that has holes in it. So she is likely not to suffocate, but it still makes me worried. What can I say, I am a mom! Worrying about my child is my job.

4 comments:

Granna said...

I knew Miss Hannah was growing! She is so precious. I hope her shots don't make her feel too bad. Granna and Gramps love her.

Anonymous said...

Poor Hannah having to get shots! I sure enjoy her smiles after church!

Kim said...

Poor baby girl. There's couldn't be anything worse than seeing your child in pain. Maybe she'll handle her shots well. She gets the blanket thing from cousin Levi...he threw the biggest fit yesterday because I needed to wash his favorite blanket...how dare I try to wash the pee smell out of it!!

Emily said...

I'm sure Hannah is already back to her happy self! She is so adorable!!