CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another First for Hannah

Unfortunately this first is not a good one! Hannah had her first stomach virus! She woke up yesterday morning around 3:30 with a sick tummy. I called Josh & then I called my mom. I told you in my mother's day post that my most was the best! I called her around 5:00 am and she stopped by the store for some pedialyte and other things she knew we would need before she went to work! THANK YOU, MOM! Hannah seemed to be doing better until around 12:30 in the afternoon, then she was VERY sick. She was crying and so was I! It was so hard to see my little baby feeling so bad. I called the doctor and after receiving very helpful information from Dr. Walley's nurse, Ann we avoided a trip to the emergency room! One great thing I love about Dr. Walley's office is they have an after hours number. Just because you are the one in charge, doesn't always mean you know what to do. It is nice to know that I can call on them and let them help me make the decisions about a sick child. I will have to say that this experience was the hardest one yet as a parent! She seems to be better today. She FINALLY let me lay her down in her bed, so that is a start. Plus, she ate a little applesauce and had an ounce of milk. Poor baby she is so hungry but I don't want to push it. Maybe after her nap she will feel even better! Now that she is well, let's say a prayer for Josh & me!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

bless her heart. I hope she is over it now and it doesn't pass to you and Josh, especially on this holiday weekend. Hope you post some new pictures soon.

Teale said...

I need to get some info about this Dr. Walley. We're still searching! Hope the worst is over now and she is feeling better!

Emily said...

Poor Hannah! I am so sorry that she had to experience this first! I just wanna hug her! If you need any help, just call! Even if you just need a nap, because I am sure you haven't had much sleep! Love ya'll!

Granna said...

I missed my baby girl in class last night. I pray she is better. Daryl is also sick. There have been some schools with lots of kids checking out with a stomach virus. UGH.
Granna loves her baby girl!

Rachel said...

Hey! Sorry to hear Hannah is feeling so bad. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Granna said...

Please get well today, Baby Hannah. You are too sweet to be sick.