CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We have started the new year off with a bang! SICK! Josh called on Friday morning and said he was sick as a dog. Unfortunately he had to work while sick. I am sure his customers loved that! Hannah & I stayed clear of him for the rest of the night. I made sure he was alright but slept on the couch! (I am PARANOID of a stomach virus) Anyway we went to David & Susan with the rest of the family to eat dinner and watch the Alabama game!

Saturday Josh was feeling much better. He was tired and weak but he was fine. Saturday night Hannah spiked a fever. She got sick once but it wasn't virus sick. I thought she might have an ear infection but she was running around wild like always. I gave her some Motrin and her fever broke. She woke up feeling fine and we went on to church. When we got home from church the screaming began. She screamed for a good two hours. Hannah NEVER screams like that. So I call the doctor and we went to the after hours clinic at 5:15. As soon as we walk in the door she wants to play on all the slides and play equipment they have in this place. I can't stand that they have this stuff in here. I know it may entertain children but it is breeding place for germs I am sure. There aren't any well children in the place. After 2 1/2 hours they told us she had an ear infection and gave her some medicine. Thank you Publix for the free medicine! (fyi they give amoxicilin (sp?) for free) She has been a little clingy and tired but overall doing much better.

She has regressed a little on staying in her bed all night. I think it may be because of her being sick and hope this isn't a new trend. Since she feels bad right now I can't make her go back to her bed. So I will wait a week and if she is still getting up and has no other sickness then I will have to start putting her back in bed. I am hoping once the ear aches and coughing end she will sleep all night. She is not wanting to take a nap in her bed and I haven't been pushing it. Yesterday she was actually down for a nap and the tornado sirens went off. They mentioned that we needed to be in a safe place. I toyed with the idea of leaving her asleep (it wasn't even raining at our house) however I started thinking if something popped up and I couldn't get to her then I would regret being selfish and wanting her to take a nap. So I woke her up. After we were all clear, Hannah was playing in her room. I hear a noise and go see what she is doing. As I get to the hall I see her with the Tylenol bottle opened and the dropper in her mouth. My heart literally stopped beating. I had already given her some about an hour before this. I called poison control (again!) and the lady calculated how much was in the bottle and how much was left in the bottle. She said she should be fine & she was, thank goodness. I usually keep the medicine in the cabinet but I had planned on putting back up after I got her to sleep. Then when the sirens went off I totally forgot it was within her reach! I am just happy she is okay.

Wow, this is long but I have to brag about Hannah's potty training. She has been wearing big girl panties almost all week. She has had a few accidents but she is doing great! We even made it through Walmart dry! This is my main goal for 2009 - NO MORE DIAPERS. Hopefully we will reach it by next week. Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Teale said...

Good luck with the potty training! I definitely look forward to no diapers! :)

Crystal said...

Hopefully the sick plague has left the Courington household. Maybe Hannah just wanted some more Tylenol to make double sure she got better. :)

Good luck with no diapers. I'm sure that'll feel like a nice raise. :)

Kim said...

I'm glad she didn't get too much of the tylenol! I know it's been a rough week or so! I hope she's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so glad she didn't get sick from that tylenol. I can imagine you were scared. Hope she gets to feeling better soon and good luck with the potty-training!!!!