CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend (again)!

Friday night Josh worked late cutting grass and working on lawn mowers with Mark. Hannah & I had shopped all day and we were exhausted. So I got a pizza and we spent the night watching Super Nanny. Hannah went to bed right after & I followed right behind her.

Saturday I got up, cleaned the bathroom, unloaded & loaded the dishwasher. Then we went to Maddie's birthday party. We all had a good time. Hannah loved the Carebear cake (it was really cute!) & playing outside. When we left the birthday party, we decided that we were going to drive down to Tuscaloosa to watch the Blue Angels fly. We couldn't make it all the way to the airport, where the show was held. We ended up on a soccer field and they flew right over our heads! It was awesome! We had a GREAT time!!! Once we left Tuscaloosa, we went to David & Susan's house to eat a steak dinner. It was SO GOOD!!! I wish I had some now. :0) By the time we got home, I could barely keep my eyes opened.

Sunday morning after church we had a Lads to Leaders meeting and Billy covered the scrapbook for us. We waited around and worked on the last details of it while he finished. Then we went with Billy, Mary, & Alex to eat Mexican food. I have been craving (I used that term loosely ~ I don't really crave but it just sounds really good to me) salty food, especially chips and salsa. I ate until I was about to burst. We rushed home, changed clothes, & Hannah & I went back to the church building where Emily & Jared had an Easter egg hunt for the little kids. They had so much fun! Hannah was so excited to find all of the eggs and loved that I let her eat so much candy. Thanks again Emily & Jared. We know why all the kids love you so much!






We went from the Easter egg hunt to West Concord church of Christ where the girl's lead their songs & said their speeches for the ladies at 5:00. Hannah was asleep when we got there but she woke up ready to lead her song. She did a GREAT job. She was a little timid but give her a couple of years and she will be a pro. That will be great because then I won't have to start the song for her. :) Once again by the time my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light!

Today Hannah & I went shopping for sandals. She needed a brown & white pair. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon AND....

I cried when I heard it. I felt so dumb laying on the table bawling but I was just SO EXCITED!!!! It was beating 169 times a minutes. I had lost a little weight so the doc told me to make sure I was eating enough. It has been a while since someone told me that! LOL! I think it is just that I have had more energy the last couple of weeks and have been more active than I was. I am not too concerned because it wasn't more than a pound or so. Plus the last time I weighed I was still on the antibiotic and with all the water I was having to drink with it, it was probably just water weight (don't worry I am still drinking enough water now)

I go back in 4 weeks. I am so glad that this is FINALLY feeling like a normal pregnancy. Unfortunately when I go back I will only be 17 weeks. That means I have to wait another 4 weeks for the ultrasound. So we will not know the gender until at least 8 more weeks! That is torture for a pregnant lady (and everyone else since that is the most asked question lately)! Anyway I am feeling good and must go cook some dinner! Sorry this was so long!

7 comments:

Granna said...

Praise God- and I do not say that lightly!!!

Teale said...

No wonder you have lost weight... you've been a busy little bee! I'm glad you finally got to hear that sweet heartbeat. How funny they told you to eat- I say live it up! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that yall got to hear the heartbeat! I know you were thrilled. The pictures and great and you better stop having such busy weekends, you'll wear yourself out!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I'm so happy you got to hear the heart beat. Don't feel bad laying there bawling I did the same thing. It is awesome and over joyous. Hannah is just precious. have a great week.

erin ellenburg said...

I am so glad for you! I am so happy you were able to hear that sweet baby's heartbeat. :)

Miss Hannah is just adorable! She is a doll. :)

Crystal said...

Wonderful news! I'm so glad you heard a heartbeat.

Hannah is so cute. She's got some amazingly beautiful blue eyes. :)

BOWquet said...

What a sweet blog! Hannah is so cute!

Come check out our bows, every little girl needs one! :o)
www.bowquet.blogspot.com