Texas ~ Part 2
Tuesday we went to the George Ranch Historical Park. This was the best day in Texas. The George Ranch is a working ranch but the allow for tours in the stables and through the homes of the George family dating back in the 1800's. They went from a two room shack to a beautiful 2 story home. Each home has a guided tour and it was so interesting to see the progression of the family and to see how they lived. I am fascinated with old homes and hearing the stories of what happened to the families! We rode a tractor to each home. We first visited the stables. We were lucky that on the day we went, there were only a handful of people. I think we got special treatment because it was a slow day. The cowboys were so nice to Hannah. One of them made saddles and he gave Hannah a piece of leather with an "H" & a cross on it. She loved it. She brushed the horses and they taught her and Josh how to rope a calf. Hannah bought a cowgirl hat and now says she wants to be a cowgirl and a doctor when she grows up! :) Unfortuantely I didn't get that great of pictures. I was having major issues with my camera!















No comments:
Post a Comment