Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. It is the first one for Josh. He is such a GREAT daddy! Hannah lights up every time he walks into the room. She smiles so big and laughs a lot when he is around. He is so wonderful to both of us. I thank God everyday for giving Hannah & I such a strong leader for our family. I can't express how much my love has grown for him since we have had Hannah. Sandra Griffin told me when I was pregnant that I couldn't imagine how much more I would love him when he held our baby for the first time. At that time I thought I loved him more than I could but she was right. He became even more special to me and my love grew deeper when he became a father. I hope he had a great day!
I have several other father's to mention. Of course, our grandfathers - Papaw Shadix & PaPaw Courington - they are both strong Christian men. Unfortunately Papaw Courington got sick before I had a chance to really get to know him the way Josh knows him. But I know how much his family loves him, I hear their stories, and I know he is a great man. My Papaw Shadix is a wonderful Godly man. Everywhere he goes he tries to tell someone about Jesus - the grocery store, gas station. I wish I had his courage. He knows so much about the Bible. He has always impressed me with his knowledge.
Of course there is my father-in-law, David. He too is a strong Christian. He taught Josh how to be the wonderful husband and father he is by his example. He has a great sense of humor and I enjoy being in his company. Hannah loves her Gramps. Sometimes she will smile the biggest smile when she realizes that he is preaching. Gramps doesn't get to see her do this but she tries her best to get his attention.
My dad! I don't know where to begin. He means the most to me just because he is my dad. For 27 years he has had my best interest at heart. He would do anything for me. He loves to joke around, so most of our time is spent in making fun of each other. That is how we show our love! :0) He is a Christian too. He always pushed us in Bible Bowl and I know a lot more about the Bible because of it. He has a love for God and his family. Hannah also loves her PaPa Tim. She already knows that something fun is going to happen when he is around - maybe a silly song, playing the piano on her belly, or a ride on the shoulders!
Thank you to all of the men in my life! Happy Father's Day! I love you!















No comments:
Post a Comment