Heart Failure!
Is there a humane cage you can buy for your children? I need one! This morning Hannah & I went to Walmart. I bought her some cute pj's. I forgot that I had washed some of her clothes which had been in the washer too long and needed to be washed again. Hannah was in the kitchen holding her pacifier (she has been chewing on this pacifier for two days - I am wondering if I should take it away or just let her have it. What do you think?) and pulling out the Diet Mountain Dew cans out of the box. I walked out to the washer, threw the pj's in, put the soap in, and turned it on. That took all of about 1 minute or less. When I came back in the kitchen Hannah was chewing on something. I ran over there and stuck my finger in her mouth. Guess what came out? Dish washing detergent!!! (Last night when I was unloading the dishwasher I noticed a clump of detergent didn't run through the cycle. So, I got a paper towel and wiped it up. It must have fallen out of the paper towel on the way to the trash can. I had no idea that it was even in the floor!) I opened the child proofed cabinet to get the box of detergent. It says if ingested call Poison Control immediately! Luckily I had written the number down on my board in the kitchen. I call and they tell me the main concern is a chemical burn in her mouth. Now I have to make sure she is eating and drinking okay. I also am supposed to be watching for excessive drooling but since that happens all the time I don't know how I can tell by that! The lady said since it had already ran through the cycle it was probably okay. Plus, I got most of it out of her mouth before she swallowed it all. I think everything is okay except I may have had a small heart attack! She has eaten a few puffs and is now sitting in her walker watching Teletubbies. She may just have to learn to like her walker and play pen because she is too fast!















5 comments:
Well at least she has a sparkling clean mouth.
Addi chewed on deodorant once.
I would say the pacifier is definitely better than detergent! I'm also voting for the playpen! The girl is just too fast for her own good!!!
You are going to have to watch her...she is a sneaky one!
When I was little my mom mixed up the toothpaste and brushed my teeth with Desitin for a week. I guess I need to start plastering the poison control phone number all over my house.
I know you don't know me, but we have a mutual friend in Leah Hunt. :) I'd like to know how you got your blinkies so close together. Your page is really neat by the way! Thanks, Nancy Hood
http://nancyhood.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment