WOW...
Once again we had a very busy weekend! This is how it all went down...
FRIDAY: Adam had plans with some friends from college for his birthday and I kept Clay for him. He is such a sweet boy! He really likes Hannah and is wonderful entertainment for her. Mom came over to pick up Clay and they ate dinner with us. Mom ended up taking Hannah home with her and Josh & I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning painting our living room! It only took two coats of paint to cover the green. I was very excited about that.
SATURDAY: I got up and met Mom at Adamsville's VBS. It was an all day Bible School. Hannah & I both enjoyed it. Hannah had to be moved one seat away from the other kids because she kept taking their pacifiers and making them cry! I guess she is going to be one of those kids! :0) Not really, we will teach her not to take stuff that doesn't belong to her. After VBS we came home and I attempted to clean house. Hannah did not want to take a nap. I had to clean the house with her hanging on my leg. I was trying to vacuum the base boards in the living room. When I say she was hanging on my leg, I mean she was literally holding onto my leg as I was dragging her and the vacuum cleaner around the living room. She thought it was funny for a little bit and then began to scream at me. Josh finally got home around 8:30. We were sitting around in the living room and got a wild hair to go to Target where I had scoped out the entertainment center that I wanted. (What would the new couch and chaise look like with an old desk in the room with it?) We got home from Target around 9:30. Josh began to put it together and I went to clean the house. We stayed up until 1:00 putting the entertainment center together and cleaning. As soon as my head hit the pillow, Hannah started crying. I ended up going to sleep around 2:30! It has been a VERY long time since I stayed awake that late. I am getting old. :0)
SUNDAY: We went to church. Paul & Kim treated us to Chinese for lunch, our favorite! Thank you Paul & Kim! It was GOOD! We were having a party for Adam after church Sunday night (the reason for all the cleaning). After lunch, I went back to cleaning and Josh went to get our new furniture. Mark went with him and it came a flood on their way home. The couch got a little wet but no damage was done. We got finished with the cleaning and re-arranging just in time for church. We left church came straight home and had the party. We had fun. Everyone was gone by 9:30. Most people left around 8:30. It was different for me because when we have Sylvan Springs people over, we have to kick them out of our house before they will leave. :0) As soon as everyone left, we both crashed! We were so tired but our living room is BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy about it. I need to take a picture and post it on here but I am having camera issues right now. You will just have to take my word for it!
MONDAY: Poor Josh had to work today so he can be off on Wednesday! He never gets a day off unless he uses vacation days or is sick. That is a downfall to his job. Hannah & I have had a lazy day. She is taking her second nap as I type. I took her outside this morning and put her in the grass. She crawled around picking up leaves and sticks. She would giggle when she would find something. She tried to eat a few leaves but luckily she never swallowed any of them! She had a great time. I guess she is going to love the outdoors just like her daddy!















2 comments:
Thanks for inviting us. I had a great time.
Yes, your living room is beautiful. I love the colors together.
sounds like you had a whirlwind weekend! I can so relate to trying to clean and the kids not cooperating!!
Hope Adam's birthday was great! He deserves lots of happiness!
Post a Comment