CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Furniture Shopping

I am SOO excited! Josh & I went yesterday to Jasper to look at furniture. We shopped for hours trying to find the right sofa at the right price. Plus, I was trying to figure out what color to buy. We already have a dark brown chair and our walls are green. So really the only color I thought would look great was cream. Well, we all know that cream is going to show everything and will end up looking dingy, especially with a baby that likes to lick everything! LOL! So I get in my head that I want to paint. Josh didn't want to paint the walls but he decided it would be best. I found a chaise lounge that I L-O-V-E-D! It was discontinued so he gave us the floor model very cheap. It was a sage color, so Josh decided it would be worth the painting to get the cheaper piece of furniture. We bought a couch to match. So now I need to find a paint color. I think I am going to go with a beige. I know it is kind of boring but I don't care I have new furniture! No more ugly, annoying couch covers! YIPEE! Plus it will be a while before we do any more redecorating and I don't want to do anything too modern. I am just so excited about my new furniture!!! I tried to get a picture of the couch off the Ashley furniture page but I couldn't figure out how to post a link on here. So you will just have to wait until I get the real deal and post some of my pictures on here. We should have it after the 25th.

I forgot to mention before that Hannah has another tooth. Her bottom tooth came in this week. She won't let me look at it but I can feel it in there. We are just waiting on the other "fang" to come in, which will be soon. Poor little baby has been so snotty and drooling all over the place. I will be glad when her teeth come in so she will feel better. She has been a little ball of energy lately. She has developed quite a personality these last few weeks. She played for hours in her toys tonight before she went to bed. She was loving on her bear and laughing at Elmo. I love to watch her play and to hear her laugh. It makes my heart so happy!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on the new furniture. I think Beige is a great color and it will go with anything. That is what we have in ours. I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

love the elmo pix

Rachel said...

Congrats on the furniture. Something like that is always exciting. We are talking about painting our house and I am like a kid in a candy store! Anyway, thanks for having me over for the party the other night. I can't wait to get my stuff and hopefully, I will be able to order so other stuff soon. I want that mini muffin pan!