100 Things About Me...
Okay, I hope none of you jump off a bridge anytime soon because I am likely to follow. :0) Here is my list. It has taken me a few days. Mainly because it is not easy writing a list and trying to keep Hannah from eating the carpet. Yes, I fished carpet out of Hannah's mouth today! Anyway, Here goes..
1. My favorite place to be is in Josh's arms. It makes me feel that all is right with the world & I am safe.
2. I love to hear Hannah laugh.
3. I listen to Hannah talk to herself at least 15 minutes before I get her out of bed. It is so sweet!
4. How do people who do not believe in God make it through life? I depend on Him for everything.
5. My goal for my family is to make it to Heaven.
6. I love to rock Hannah to sleep.
7. I get excited when Josh calls me and tells me he is on his way home from work!
8. I have had my heart broken twice.
9. I can't listen to "Skin" by Rascal Flatts without crying like a baby.
10. I am TERRIFIED of roaches, mice, snakes, the dark, and tight spaces.
11. I love 80's music! Hair bands are the best!
12. I like to dance to rap music - only in the privacy of my home and jam sessions with the girls (which I miss by the way).
13. I miss my friends - Brandi, Jessica, & Stacey! :( I wish they lived closer and we got to talk more.
14. I also miss Ginger! Sometimes her wreck does not seem real to me.
15. I have a hard time letting go of control. If I am in charge of something it is hard for me to give some of the responsibility to someone else even if I am overwhelmed.
16. I LOVE to shop. I am an impulsive buyer but I have learned to control myself.
17. I love gift registries. As soon as I get an invitation (and sometimes even if I don't get an invite) to a shower/tea I look at the registry to see what is on there. I love buying gifts!
18. I talk to my mom & sister every day or every other day. We spend hours talking about nothing but I love it.
19. I need to talk to my dad & brothers more often!
20. Josh makes me laugh a lot. One of the many reasons I love him.
21. I love my family - blood & in-laws!
22. I don't enjoy talking on the phone.
23. I like to take pictures and feel that I have to scrapbook all of them.
24. I loved growing up with a sister and 2 brothers. I love each of them and the spouses they married.
25. I volunteered at the Rape Crisis Center in Birmingham for a year. I liked helping but it was hard on me emotionally. It was very rewarding and I hope to be able to do it again in the future.
26. I believe God works in our lives today but I don't believe in miracles.
27. I like to sleep when it is raining.
28. I didn't think labor was that bad. (after the medicine kicked in :0)
29. I have always wanted to name my daughter Hannah after Samuel's mother. She is a great example of a Godly mother.
30. I hope & pray that I teach my children everything they need to know to face the world with confidence.
31. Pet peeves: slow drivers in the fast lane, fast drivers in the slow lane, children not in a seat belt, children wandering through a parking lot without a hand to hold.
32. I think ignorant people are going to ruin our country.
33. I am tired of celebrities with the arrogance that normal every day people care about what they think!
34. I didn't get my license until I was 18. I did not have a desire to drive. Brandi did all the driving for me.
35. When I was a kid I was super shy! I cried every day in Kindergarten.
36. My best friend Brandi brought me out of my shell and helped me to learn how to loosen up.
37. I still hate to get in trouble.
38. I have never drank a sip of alcohol even though I have been tempted. I am proud of myself!
39. I talk too much!!!
40. I learned that trying to make a boy jealous only makes you look stupid - I want Hannah to know that before she tries.
41. I want to have 1 or 2 more children. If we have a boy next I am probably done. If it is a girl, I would like to try for a boy. We will see.
42. I have baby fever already but then reality slaps me in the face! :) I want Hannah to be at least 3 or 4 years old!
43. I love to eat chocolate!
44. I love Hannah so much! It makes me wonder how God gave His Son for me. I was so unworthy!
45. I hate to see young girls (& old ones too) thinking the only way to get a guy's attention is by throwing themselves on them or dressing & acting inappropriately. Just be yourself girls!
46. I don't believe in fate.
47. I had a lot of fun in college!
48. I was a member of Alpha Delta Psi. Pledge week was terrible at the time but I made it through just fine.
49. I think a woman can let her husband be the head of the house (like God wants) without being mistreated or loosing her identity.
50. I appreciate that my husband works so hard for our family!
51. I am not a good house keeper. The dishes and laundry are usually done, but everything else is a mess. I am trying to be better. Need to clean right now - living room looks like Toys R' Us exploded!
52. I love to get flowers. Tulips are my favorite!
53. I believe that a good, moral family is the foundation for a great life.
54. I feel sorry for children who don't have parents that care about them.
55. I am NOT an animal person.
56. I like to sing but wish I could really make a "joyful noise" to everyone and not just God. :0)
57. I love Auburn football! If it is not on TV then I listen to it on the radio.
58. My dad is the best daddy on the planet. I, like Leah, still think my daddy can do anything. I love his sense of humor and his love for his family! I get my stubbornness and big mouth from him :0)
59. I wish I had my PaPaw Shadix's courage to teach the Gospel to everyone I meet.
60. I appreciate that my mom stayed home with us when we were little. I still call my mom for advice and recipes.
61. I think being a wife & mommy is the greatest job a woman can do.
62. I love to entertain people in our home.
63. I can't think of one thing I have given up to be a stay at home mom. Nothing was important to remember.
64. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ at Sylvan Springs. Each one is dear to my heart.
65. When I am uncomfortable I usually say something inappropriate. If someone is crying I try to make a joke to keep myself from crying. It is stupid, but I do it anyway. Then later kick myself for being such a dork.
66. I like to cook but hate to clean up the mess.
67. My wedding day was PERFECT! I wish I could live the day over again.
68. I went to the same school from K-12th grade.
69. I like to look through old houses. It is interesting to me to see how people lived.
70. I love my nieces and nephews. I can't wait to meet my niece, Lila. I will also be excited to meet Kyle & Jan's & Daniel & Mandi's future children.
71. I love holidays. Christmas is my favorite!
72. I love the color red.
73. I had my tonsils removed but little ones have grown back.
74. I have had stitches twice - in the back of my head and in my bottom lip.
75. I loved being pregnant!
76. I like to get dressed up and go out to eat.
77. I miss playing outside like I did when I was a kid - rolling down the terraces in the pasture and building tree houses with not a care in the world.
78. I have seen every episode of Friends & Grey's Anatomy.
79. I like to carve pumpkins - in college Michelle & I carved enough pumpkins to line our porch with them.
80. Jessica & I used to run then go to Krispi Kreme for a doughnut. One time we went to the grocery store and bought ice cream & every banana split topping you could imagine!
81. I want to visit New York City & Hawaii one day.
82. I love staying at home with Hannah. I would be sad if I missed all the things I get to experience with her everyday.
83. I can't stand whining and I am NOT ready for Hannah to get into that phase.
84. I will not ride a roller coaster.
85. I would like to start my own business but have no idea what I would do.
86. I love my new furniture!
87. I don't like the dentist.
88. I have had one panic attack and it was in a dentist chair.
89. The beach or the mountains are both great to me.
90. Josh is 1 year and 9 months younger than me.
91. Josh & I already had a date set before we were officially engaged.
92. My uncle Steve saved my life when I was a baby. I was choking and I was already blue.
93. My cousin Ashley died when she was 9 years old and I wonder what she would be like today if she were alive.
94. I miss my Papaw Wilson! I do have a few memories of him but wish I got to know him better.
95. I hate for people to watch me while I am doing something.
96. I loved going to both of my grandparents house when we were little. I loved playing board games with my Papaw & MaMaw Shadix. Mamaw didn't ( & still doesn't) like to lose!
97. I have been friends with Brandi since I was 10 years old. We have been through everything together! She is like my other sister. I always have fun when I am with her!!!
98. Josh & I dated 9 months before we were engaged.
99. I vowed I would never marry a hunter and well never say never!!
100. I love my life and feel so blessed by all of my experiences and the people that have touched my life.
I enjoyed doing this! Thanks for the idea everybody!















7 comments:
Great list!
Nice list! I didn't get my license until I was 18 too.
I didn't know tonsils could grow back! I also have severe dental anxiety... luckily I have finally found a good one and they treat me like royalty. They even give me the gas for my cleanings to relax me... (i know, I'm a wimp)
I have FINALLY completed a list as well. I enjoyed reading yours. Some of them made me laugh because they reminded me of myself....like the running and then going to krispy kreme. LOL.
Katie you are the sweetest mother. I see how much you enjoy being a mother and a wife by the smile on your face. People can tell that family life means everything to you and that is the way it should be. I love you so much and your family means the world to me. Love Mary. Your list is great. I am with you if all the bloggers jumped off a cliff I might have to try it. hahaha.
They really had a Christmas Tree? Aww man! I had fun at the beach but nothing beats a Christmas Tree. Give Hannah a hug for me! Mandi
Loved your list...made me cry. I'm a friends and Grey's Anatomy fanatic too! We have lots in common!
Post a Comment